5.1 - Prerequisites
- Any previous editions of Antidote (e.g. Antidote 9) are uninstalled, see Appendix C.
- The applications (e.g. Microsoft Word) with which you want to integrate Antidote are already installed.
- You have access to an administrator account on the workstation on which the installation is performed.
- The Antidote folder is protected against all network access from other users.
- The users that share applications (particularly Antidote) on the server must be disconnected from the shared folder. It is not enough for them to quit Antidote.
- The account from which you are carrying out the installation has read, write, delete and create permissions in the Antidote folder.
- Antivirus and anti-spyware programs are disabled.
- All applications are closed.
- This type of installation is always silent. The Antidote 10 installer only supports the /qn parameter, not the /quiet, /qb, /passive or /qr parameters.
- As a result, using the Multi-User Manager is essential. See the following section for more information: Appendix A: Multi-User Manager
Installing 10 Antidote involves up to four MSI files: one for the Antidote 10 application, one for the Antidote - Connectix 10 application and one each for the possible English and French modules.
For installation with an MST transform file, use of the Download Assistant is disabled by default. As a result, you must enable this option from the multi-user manager to obtain any required updates. Administrator rights are nevertheless required to install them.
Deploying Antidote using the MST transform file allows for the following:
- Entering the serial number and quota code a single time
- Immediately applying MSP updates
- Predetermining integrations with supported software
- Setting personalization options (questions answered by each user the first time they launch Antidote)
- Published (advertised) editions of Antidote are not supported.
- To force the immediate updating of policies on a client workstation, use this command on the client workstation:
gpupdate /target:computer /force /boot
When first launched in each user account, Antidote asks a few personalization questions to adapt the corrector to the needs of its user. The answers can be changed at any time thereafter using Antidote’s settings panels (
Tools > Options). The answers to these questions can be preset in an MST configuration file, which is only available when installation is performed with this transform file (Installing Antidote 10).
- One of the personalization questions asks if you want to apply rectified spelling, which proposes an alternative, more contemporary way of writing certain French words. For more details, see the Rectifications guide (in the Guides window of Antidote 10). When in doubt, select “both”. This choice can be modified at any time by the user.
- To enter the serial number and the quota code only once (rather than on each workstation), you can use an MST configuration file, which requires local installations using this transform file (see Deploying the Original MSI File). It is also possible to copy and paste the serial number in the first box when prompted.