Firefox and Thunderbird
Antidote integrates with Firefox and Thunderbird by means of add-on modules. These add icons to the toolbar. Integration in Firefox (or in versions prior to 78 in Thunderbird) add as well as elements to the context menu.
Accessing Antidote’s resources
Select the text to correct or the word to be looked up, then call Antidote’s resources by means of:
the buttons in the toolbar:
the context menu (right click)
- the Tools menu (Thunderbird).
Configuration of Firefox’s context menu
Access to Antidote via Firefox’s context menu is similar to the standard context menus, except for one point: customizing this menu is done directly in Firefox, as follows.
- Right-click the Antidote icon in the toolbar.
- Choose "Manage Extension".
- Choose an option.
- Click OK.
- Close the options tab.
Updating the extension
- Within the application, open the menu Tools> Add-ons.
- Click the "Extensions" tab.
- Click the tools icon.
- Select the menu item "Search for updates".