Antidote integrates with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Interaction with Antidote is mainly via the toolbar or by the Connectix Agent. In both cases, place the cursor at the beginning of the text to correct or the word to be looked up, then call Antidote’s resources by the method of your choice.
Features specific to PowerPoint
You can call Antidote on the following selections:
- on text within a frame or on the entire frame;
- on all the frames in a slide (with ⌘ + A or in Outline mode);
- on all the slides beginning with the one currently displayed (by clicking on the background of the slide);
- on text in the comments page.
Features particular to Excel (text correction)
When the corrector is called:
- If an empty cell is selected, Antidote will correct the entire sheet, including comments and charts.
- If non-empty cells are selected, Antidote will only correct those cells.
- If a chart is selected, Antidote will correct the titles and names on the chart’s axes.
Note 1 — Antidote cannot be called while editing a cell. Numerical cells are ignored.
Note 2 — In Excel for Mac, Antidote cannot correct a cell containing more than 256 characters. Antidote will flag any corrections, but you have to introduce them manually.