When Antidote is installed, it automatically integrates with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Antidote’s resources are displayed in the Ribbon, under the Antidote tab.
You can access the various dictionaries and guides using the dropdown menus next to the icons. A few additional commands are found in the column to the right of the icons.
Adding icons to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Right-click on the icon of the corrector and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar" from the context menu that opens.
- Repeat with the icon for the dictionaries.
- Repeat with the icon for the guides.
The context menu
You can access Antidote’s resources via the context menu. Right-click in the text to display the context menu, then select the desired resource.
Features specific to PowerPoint
You can call Antidote on the following selections:
- on text within a frame or on the entire frame;
- on all the frames in a slide (with ctrl + A or in Outline view);
- on a series of consecutive slides (in Outline view);
- on all the slides beginning with the current slide (by clicking on the background of the slide);
- on text in the presentation's notes.
Features particular to Excel (text correction)
When the corrector is called:
- If an empty cell is selected, Antidote will correct the entire sheet, including comments and charts.
- If non-empty cells are selected, Antidote will only correct those cells.
- If a chart is selected, Antidote will correct the titles and names on the chart’s axes.
Note — Antidote cannot be called while editing a cell. Numerical cells are ignored.
Features particular to Outlook
To access Antidote’s resources, first open a window for composing an email.