4.5.1 - Updating an Administrative Installation
Updating Antidote involves applying 3 MSP files in the case of a unilingual installation and 4 files in the case of a bilingual installation in order to update the MSI files located in the shared folder, and then synchronizing the client workstations. The following steps are required to update an administrative installation:
- Download the 3 or 4 update files from your Multi-User Portal. For bilingual installation, the following types of file may apply:
However, the most recently published update may be a connectors update, such as
- Copy the MSP updates into the shared folder with the MSI files.
- Ensure that the conditions are met.
- Disconnect all users from the shared folder.
- As the workstation administrator, enter all the following command lines that apply to your situation. For example,
msiexec /p "\\server_path\to\Diff_Antidote_11_C_11.y.msp" /a "\\server_path\to\Antidote11.msi" TRANSFORMS="\\server_path\to\ReseauAntidote.mst" msiexec /p "\\server_path\to\Diff_Antidote_11_Module_F_11.y.msp" /a "\\server_path\to\Antidote11-Module-francais.msi" msiexec /p "\\server_path\to\Diff_Antidote_11_Module_E_11.y.msp" /a "\\server_path\to\Antidote11-English-module.msi" msiexec /p "\\server_path\to\Diff_Connectix_11_C_11.y.msp" /a "\\server_path\to\Antidote-Connectix11.msi" TRANSFORMS="\\server_path\to\ReseauConnectix.mst"
The TRANSFORMS does not need to be indicated for the modules.
- In addition, there may be a connectors update, such as the following:
msiexec /p "\\server_path\to\Diff_Connectix_11.1_C_11.1_1.msp" /a "\\server_path\to\Antidote-Connectix11.msi"
ReseauConnectix.MSTfiles must be mentioned in all cases; during installation of both the server and client portions, as well as during the update.
MSP files are not useful anymore.