4.1 - Prerequisites
- Any previous editions of Antidote (e.g. Antidote 10) are uninstalled, see Appendix C.
- The applications (e.g. Microsoft Word) with which you want to integrate Antidote are already installed.
- You have access to an administrator account on the workstation on which the installation is performed.
- Antivirus and anti-spyware programs are disabled.
- All applications are closed.
Installing 11 Antidote involves up to four MSI files: one for the Antidote 11 application, one for the Antidote - Connectix 11 application and one each for the possible English and French modules.
For installation with an MST transform file, use of the Download Assistant is disabled by default. As a result, you must enable this option from the multi-user manager to obtain any required updates. Administrator rights are nevertheless required to install them.
Deploying Antidote using the MST transform file allows for the following:
- Entering the serial number and quota code a single time
- Immediately applying MSP updates
- Predetermining integrations with supported software
- Setting personalization options (questions answered by each user the first time they launch Antidote)
When first launched in each user account, Antidote asks a few personalization questions to adapt the corrector to the needs of its user. The answers can be changed at any time thereafter using Antidote’s settings panels (
Resources > Options). The answers to these questions can be preset in an MST configuration file, which is only available when installation is performed with this transform file (Installing Antidote 11).
- One of the personalization questions asks if you want to apply rectified spelling, which proposes an alternative, more contemporary way of writing certain French words. For more details, see the Rectifications guide (in the Guides window of Antidote 11). When in doubt, select “both”. This choice can be modified at any time by the user.
- To enter the serial number and the quota code only once (rather than on each workstation), you can use an MST configuration file, which requires local installations using this transform file (see Deploying the Original MSI File). It is also possible to copy and paste the serial number in the first box when prompted.
- You can download updates using the Download Assistant or from your Multi-User Client Portal. Updates obtained using the Download Assistant will be stored in a folder named
Druide_Téléchargement, which will be created in the workstation’s
- You can make these files available on a network drive to use them on other workstations immediately after performing a new installation, making it unnecessary to download the updates from each workstation.